- On receipt of your request, we will carry out initial research to establish if there is enough information to carry out in depth research
- We do not have set research fees, as budgets and family histories vary. Contact us t0 discuss your requirements.
- We carry out unique research into your family history within the UK and France
- You may wish to concentrate on a name or branch of the family (e.g. maternal grand-mother)
- All research examines birth, marriage and death records, census records, electoral rolls. We also study various archival records and other sources
- The research report is sent in PDF format. Bound copies can be done for a small fee plus postage and packing
- Copies of original documents are included in the report, with transcriptions an explanation of more obscure terms, such as obsolete professions
- The report will also include dates, children, occupations and maps wherever possible
- The report also includes suggestions for further research, with an estimate of time and costs; we also provide useful information for you to read, such as links to websites, blogs or newsletters, bringing your ancestors to life .
If you would like to begin your journey of discovery, contact us.
Visiting Local Archives On Your Behalf
Many records are available online, through professional organisations who require a fee or downloadable for free. However, it is often still necessary to visit archives in person to patiently search through and interpret original documents or microfilmed copies. We are fortunate of being within reach of several major archives located in London, which hold collections of national as well as local relevance, such as The National Archives or the London Metropolitan Archives.
Many County Record Offices are also available within easy reach, such as the Surrey Record Office, Berkshire Record Office, both East and West Sussex as well as the Hampshire Record office to name but a few. These can be visited on your behalf for specific research commissioned by yourself.