My Ancestors didn't live in the UK, can you trace my family?
- We normally only research family history in the UK and in France.
Can you trace any ancestor?
- We reserve the right to decline cases where we believe the likelihood of success to be low e.g. if the only information available is 'my great-grand-father was John Smith and he was born in Surrey in about 1890'
What if you can't find my Ancestors?
- Sometimes it may not be possible to trace a family history as far back as expected or find the expected information in a particular document.
- We carry out a preliminary free first hour of research to ascertain what exists; we will then be in touch with you and let you know how much scope there is for research. No obligation.
- Research time includes time spent searching which might result into a negative outcome.
- You will still be invoiced for the time spent researching records, as all research is payable, whether successful or not.
How and when do I pay?
- No fee is payable before the research is carried out
- Once the research is completed and the report is ready we will contact you and ask for payment
- . See our Payment page for full details.
How long does the Research take?
- The standard time allocated per project, from initial deposit received to completed research package is usually 3-6 weeks, depending on the complexity of the research and the receipt of certificates
- Occasionally, we may encounter delays, especially when we are waiting for certificates
- We will let you know of any delays at the earliest opportunity
- We will communicate with you regularly at each stage of the project, keeping you fully informed with our progress.